Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Like a Stranger and an Immigrant

Having grown up in this nation where I feel like a stranger and an immigrant, I don’t feel I am of it or it is of me. When I was a child and a young man I believed what I was told and acted as though I were a part of it. But I stopped wanting to be at home in this civilization, in this culture and society as I learned the truth. I wanted to be another way, a way that spoke to the deep places within me. I am a human being, an Earth man.

I have entered into relationship with Earth and Heaven against the civilizations and cultures of her oppressors and destroyers, the cities of the dominators and colonizers, the dominions of the man gods. I cast my lot and hope with Mother Nature, with her waters and soil, her dark humus, rocks and stones, and that which worms and wings it blessing through her. I choose in favor of what breaks the willfulness of the destroyer to destroy.

The Creator plants the seed of light in the darkness that violence and fear might know their ways lead only to their end. All things pass away but the one that lives in life as life itself. This one who pours love through individual human beings to transform the moment and redeem the time shall not be undone by empires or legions of believers. This one who nurtures and coaxes, who enflames the human spirit to rise and take its place in the community of life will not be denied the sweetness and joy of our very human awakening.

Though we rise and fall and rise again, though we forget who and what we are and then again remember, though we have no clue who calls and what for, we shall be as intended when we so intend. It is an act of faith this death to fear and death itself. It is a letting go, a surrender of all the weapons and armor we use to fend off our fears and to control the other. It is the Buddha consciousness, the mind of Christ, the beauty way.

No comments:

  waits for us   We know that you have been waiting for us but we had a tough time accepting the longstanding invitation preferrin...